PRIVACY AND DATA PROTECTION NOTICE FOR THIRD PARTIES
Torridon MRT (TMRT) takes your privacy seriously. This notice sets out how, why and for how long TMRT will use your personal data, as well as whom it is shared with. It also explains your legal rights as a data subject and how to exercise them.
Information which you provide to TMRT
When you contact TMRT, TMRT may receive from you some or all of the following personal information:
- Contact details – e.g. name, address, email address and phone number, so that TMRT can contact you in connection with the reason that you contact TMRT.
Use of that personal information – legitimate purposes
TMRT may process that personal information in pursuit of its legitimate interests as a voluntary, not-for-profit mountain rescue team to:
- Contact you in connection with the reason that you contacted TMRT; and
- Provide you with such information as you may request.
Why TMRT needs your personal information – legal obligations
TMRT may be under a legal obligation to process certain personal information for the purposes of complying with obligations under legislation.
Other uses of your personal information
TMRT may ask you if it can process your personal information, or request further personal information, for other purposes. Where TMRT does so, it will provide you with an additional privacy notice explaining how TMRT will use your information for these purposes.
Whom TMRT shares your personal information with
TMRT may be required to share personal information with statutory or regulatory authorities to comply with statutory obligations. TMRT may also share personal information with professional and legal advisors for the purpose of obtaining advice.
How TMRT protects your personal information
Your personal information is accessed by relevant TMRT members only as necessary for purposes set out above. It is stored in password protected documents and/or password-protected computing equipment and/or locked filing.
How long TMRT keeps your personal information
TMRT only keeps your personal information for as long as is necessary for the purposes listed above.
You have a right to:
- Change your communication preferences or restrict the processing of your personal data for specific purposes;
- Request that TMRT corrects your personal data if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Request that TMRT deletes your personal information; and
- Access the personal data that TMRT holds about you through a ‘subject access request’.
You can contact the TMRT chair or TMRT team leader to exercise such rights.
If you are dissatisfied, you have a right to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk